Who We Are
Community over credit score.
Relationships over revenue.
People over profit.
Rivertown Credit Union proudly serves the financial needs of the local community. We value our relationships with our members and provide unconditional, understanding, local service.
We believe that combining both friendly employees and intelligent technology puts us in a position to provide that awesome service. And we meet financial needs through great rates and simple, effective financial products.
Everyone’s got financial goals. We’d love to hear about yours. We might have some ideas and services that could help you achieve them.
We’re a local credit union.
And we’re proud to be involved in our community.
Rivertown is committed to our community and the future of our youth. One of the ways we show this is by offering financial support to students interested in carrying on their learning through a college, university or trade school education. See below for details on how you can get an extra $1,000 to put towards your education!
Interested? Here’s what we’ll need:
- A completed Scholarship Application
- Two current (not past 60 days) letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance counselors, employers or school administrators; letters from family will not be accepted
- Acceptance letter from an accredited college, university or trade school that the applicant is attending
- A typed, double-spaced essay (500 words or less) letting us know how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals
Who can apply?
- Anyone enrolled in college, university or trade school
- A person meeting the above requirements that hasn’t won previously
- Applications must be received by the close of business (4:30pm) April 1, 2024. Applicants will be notified no later than April 15, 2024.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected without regard to age, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Employees or volunteers of Rivertown Credit Union or members of their immediate families are not eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Applications not accompanied by the required documents will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- By applying, applicants agree they will be photographed at the credit union for use in Rivertown Credit Union marketing.
- Funds will be paid directly to the college, university or trade school. The recipient agrees to provide Rivertown Credit Union the necessary information. If the recipient does not enroll during the semester for which the scholarship is provided, the scholarship will be forfeited. Recipient is responsible for any tax responsibilities.
- The scholarship selection committee will consist of the Regional Manager and the Marketing team. All decisions by the selection committee shall be final.
You can submit your completed application by dropping it off at any of our branches:
- Wyoming Branch: 211 36th SW, Wyoming, MI 49548
- Grandville Branch: 3121 Macatawa Dr. SW, Grandville, MI 49418
Grow the Love
At Rivertown Credit Union it’s our mission to be more than just a financial institution. To be a source of support and development for our communities and the people who are part of them. And that’s why we’re Growing the Love!
Growing the Love means spreading good will in our communities with random acts of kindness and community engagement. If you’ve received one of our Grow the Love cards, then chances are you’ve already experienced a little bit of what Growing the Love can do - be it a free meal, a tank of gas, or any other gesture to lighten your load and brighten your day.
We invite you to keep the chain moving, and Grow the Love in your community however you see fit. Did you Grow the Love today? If so, we'd love to hear all about it! Share your story on our Facebook by clicking on the link below!
Rivertown has joined the Ignite Credit Union Family!
Now we can offer even more great services to our members!
An overwhelming majority of our members voted in favor of a merger with Allegan Credit Union, a division of Ignite Credit Union. This merger is unique in that Rivertown and Allegan will continue to operate with their individual brands that members have grown to know and trust.
Credit Union FAQs
Great news! Now anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in the state of Michigan can become a member of Rivertown Credit Union!
As of January 1, 2023, we became a State Charted Credit Union, which allows us to serve the entire state of Michigan! This conversion will open many new doors for Rivertown Credit Union and its member base, as it allows us the ability to offer our great rates and fantastic service to a much wider population.
Our members will experience very few changes with this conversion. There will be no changes to account numbers or Rivertown Credit Union’s routing number. Your deposits will also continue to be federally insured up to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.